Day 4: The Writers Happiness Challenge: Enchantment
Enchanting is defined as delightfully charming or attractive.
Set a timer for 2-minutes. Now make a list of 1-10 things, ideas, thoughts, or feelings (or anything else) that you find enchanting. Do this from the perspective of your most innocent, wide-eyed self, as open and sincere and un-cynical as you can possibly be.
- Children discovering something new
- Finn approaching snow
- Novels written in poetic verse
- The stillness of the sea at daybreak
- Chanting in the Cambodian countryside
- The idea of magic
- The vibration that breaks the silence
- Smoke emitted from a volcano
I went back to @splendidmola’s post for the second step to this exercise and realized I was too descriptive of my enchantments. The ones I shared above are not necessarily things I can manifest for myself but moments of time that I have found enchanting.
Time for a do-over:
- Eastern medicine & culture
- The Italian language
- Using the metric system for baking
- Liquid mercury, or any metal for that matter
- Four elements: wind, fire, air, earth
- Ink on paper
- Chai tea
Now meditate on those enchantments for 3-minutes and envision how you can make space for them in your life.